21 Day Financial Fast
Journey with us as we embark on a 21 Day Financial Fast led by Bishop Ulmer & Pastor George Thompson.
Why a Financial Fast?
We are going on a financial fast to be set free from bondage in our lives, to avoid financial drama, to be set free from a mindset of consumption, to create a better financial future, to have peace in your finances, to become a better steward of what God has blessed you with.
What do I have to do?
- Start each day with P.A.Y. (Pray, Act, Yield). Every morning you pray, act on the pledge to do better with your finances, and yield to God's Will.
- Get an accountability partner.
- Read daily financial bible passage (sent to you via text).
- Highlight and write down what you get from the passage in a journal.
- Only use cash to make purchases.
- Do not eat out.
- Buy only what you need.
- Review progress with your accountability partner two times per week.
Below are the daily scripture readings for the FCBC Financial Fast. We encourage you to download and print the attached documents. They were created to help you organize your finances, keep track of what God is saying to you, and get you on the steps to financial freedom.
Daily Scritpure Readings
- Day 1 Psalms 24
- Day 2 Deuteronomy 8:17-18
- Day 3 Genesis 12:1-3
- Day 4 Malachi 3:8-12
- Day 5 James 4:6
- Day 6 Hebrews 13:5
- Day 7 Proverbs 27:23
- Day 8 Matthew 25:1-14 & Proverbs 13:22
- Day 9 Ecclesiastes 11:2
- Day 10 Ephesians 5:22-33
- Day 11 Proverbs 22:6 & Proverbs 13:22
- Day 12 Proverbs 22:7
- Day 13 Romans 13:8
- Day 14 Proverbs 17:18
- Day 15 Matthew 6:24
- Day 16 Exodus 20:12
- Day 17 James 1:2-3
- Day 18 John 10:10 & Jeremiah 29:11
- Day 19 Matthew 25:14-30
- Day 20 Matthew 6:33
- Day 21 Proverbs 3:9