Our Young Adult Discipleship department ministers to people who are 20 years old, and have not yet reached their 31st birthday.
Opportunities to positively impact life skills, relationships, and your spiritual life is a small sample of what you’ll find in the ministries that serve Young Adults.
For more information about Young Adult Discipleship, please contact Minister Valerie Elston, Administrative Coordinator of Discipleship Growth & Groups at 310.300.8000 ext. 3290 or email her at email@example.com.
Faithful Central Bible Church addresses the needs of the college-bound student through College Conquerors. This ministry was created to empower high school students, empower adults returning to pursue his/her education, and serve as a resource to help people make well-informed college choices and to conquer, not simply survive college.
We take our outreach to these young people as a God-given assignment that includes …
- Providing information sessions for parents and students several times during the year on topics including, but not limited to, preparing for college, admissions, and financial aid.
- Providing individual college counseling for students during their junior and senior years.
- Making sure that students’ college lists include colleges and universities with a track record for supporting students of color academically, financially, and socially.
- Assisting students and parents in lobbying for revised financial aid packages from the colleges and universities to which they are admitted.
- Conducting a workshop for students during the summer before their freshmen year of college about academic, social, and financial challenges that they may face.
- Conducting academic workshops with an emphasis on written and oral communication, history, math, and the sciences. Conduct SAT/PSAT workshops.
The goal is to ensure that our students are just as prepared for college as students from other communities.
For more information on College Conquerors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.